How to Apply for Community Grants
2020-2021 COMMUNITY GRANTS REQUEST FOR APPLICATION (RFA)
Click here to submit your application by November 15.
- Download the RFA here. Deadline for submission: Friday, November 15 at 11:59 p.m.
- RFAs must be submitted online at Komen.SmartSimple.Com.*
- For grant application support, please contact the Komen Maryland Grants Manager, Lori Yates at email@example.com
- Download a PPT tutorial about the new grant application portal here.
- Applicants will be notified regarding funding by March 1, 2020
*Please note: Smart Simple is a new Komen Grants portal. All first-time users must complete a short, one-time registration process before you can proceed with your RFA submission.
About the Susan G. Komen Maryland Community Grants Program
Performance Period: April 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021
Every day, Komen Affiliates around the country work to advance our shared:
- Mission to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our community and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer, and
- Bold Goal of reducing the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50 percent in the U.S. by the year 2026.
Organizations funded by the Komen Maryland Community Grants Program will work to advance these goals by becoming an extension of our commitment to ensure that all individuals have access to breast cancer education, screening, high-quality treatment, and support during and after treatment. Especially important in our Community Grants Program is eliminating the barriers that—far too often and in far too many communities—prevent women from gaining access to screening, which in turn results in late-stage breast cancer diagnoses, fewer treatment options and lower survival rates.
Aggressive, results-driven and proven in its effectiveness—since its inception, the Komen Maryland Community Grants Program has distributed approximately $30 million in community grants.
- Patient Navigation
- Reducing Barriers to Care
For more information about each of these priority areas, please download the RFA.
Questions and Updates
Inquiries about Komen Maryland’s Community Grants Program can be directed Lori Yates, Community Health and Grants Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org